Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Part 3 of 4 of the Most Jam-Packed Summer Ever: Building a Treehouse

Once upon a time, I visited my grandparents' private property in the middle of nowhere. A few days in, I asked my granddad if it would be possible for us to someday build a treehouse there.

***Time Passes***

One year later when I went back to the property, we got started on building our treehouse! We already decided which tree it would be beforehand, so that was a nice start. The very first day was spent planning out the design and buying the equipment we needed to start.
In all of the time we spent focused on the treehouse, here's how I roughly gauged how we spent it:

30% of the time was spent thinking about our next move
20% of the time was spent on productive building
50% of the time was spent running back to the hardware store

I have a few pictures that I selected that I'd like to share with you.

This was the first time I used a power saw.

And this was the first time I had used a power drill.

The completed project!


The whole thing took . . . let me think . . . was it five days? I think so. The routine for every single one was exactly the same. Wake up at 8:00 in the morning, get out of the house at around 9:00, work nonstop until lunch, take a break at the hottest part of the day, work until 8:30 at night. Go inside, eat dinner, go to bed. That was it. That's how we got so much done. Due to lack of more time, we didn't add a roof, but there was no problem with that at all.

Did I mention I slept in it for a night? Quite a long night, but I had fun.

- The Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment