Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Colorado Post 1 out of 2: Hiking the Mountains

We recently got back from the Colorado mountains on a family vacation, and I must say that I would consider it to be a huge success. This first post is concerned about the hikes that we took here. Like usual, whenever I have a lot of pictures, I just let them do the talking.

This was our first real hike up any of the mountains there. It was pretty enjoyable! By the way, that's me in there.


Bre and Katelyn are both wearing matching shirts and pants. They seem happy enough on that rock up there.


While most people have rabbits or gophers eating their grass, we had elk to deal with. Nah, they were just fun to look at.


This is me on the second hike we did. Deer Summit. It's a six mile hike round trip.


Here we all are (except mom) standing at the summit, 10,000 feet above sea level! A good deal greater than the 400 feet I live at down here.


I had a lot of fun here, and we had a great cabin to stay at! I'll be doing another post tomorrow (I think), so keep a look out!

- The Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment