Tuesday, January 18, 2011

May The F=ma Be With You

This is going to be kind of a long post due to the fact that I'm going to try to include Katelyn's tumbling meet and Superhero Day at school.

First of all, I wasted my entire Saturday in Peoria with Katelyn. Sounds harsh, but I guess it's payback for all the wrestling meets she had to sit through (3 or 4 max!!). She had her first tumbling meet in Peoria and we watched her compete 3 times over the course of the day. No Minecraft at all to entertain myself. Here, I put up some pictures:






She was pretty happy! Until she started to feel sick and we spent about 30-40 minutes trying to make her feel better. But before we left, we bought $20 of raffle tickets. I got to have six of them to spend of my own free will! Amazing!

I put one in for an iPod nano, and the other six for the $750 worth of cash. Pretty sweet. I had never won a raffle before in my life and I was hoping against hope against hope I would win this one time.

On another note, a month ago, remember when I posted about that Student Council pizza party? Well that was partially a meeting too. A meeting that decided the fate of this week. It's Spirit Week, where we get to do wacky stuff at school. I helped decide today: Superhero day. We all dress like a superhero.

Well, being creative me, I decided to make one up: THE GEEKINATOR! But everybody at school decided to call me PI GUY. I didn't mind. We took this this morning.


It's just me with a duct tape and pencil hat with a cape holding the Pi symbol wearing dorky glasses and a shirt that says "MAY THE F = ma BE WITH YOU" holding my sidekick: Nerd Boy. Funny.

Anyways, today was also the day of the Finish Line party from forever ago. We were dismissed at 12:30 to go to the Refinery for a party. Or that's what it said on the flyer. It's a party for those who raised more than $50 in a fundraiser. There were about 20 people there from school. Turns out that it really wasn't much of a party at all.

They made us do yoga with them, dance with them (of which almost none of us did), and do some exercise. They also put out "healthy and fun snacks". I was so hungry that I ate about 30 carrots! Lastly they did a raffle. You know my luck with those. The most insane thing was that the bike was won by the kid in the wheelchair!

When we got back to school there was only about 5 minutes left and I realized that they had taken pictures for the yearbook while I was gone. I was robbed. On my walk home, I realized that I had a missed call from an unknown number. There was a voicemail too. YES! My luck has proven strong! I won the raffle! I listened to the voicemail, eager to see what I had won: "Hello. Please hold for a survey regarding . . ." and that's all I hear before I hang up the phone in despair.

Anyways, may the F=ma be with me next time.

- The Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment