Sunday, January 9, 2011

MINECRAFT

I don't really know how to start this post. Minecraft is the source of all of my procrastination because it is so addicting. Let me take a moment I guess to explain what it is and how it works.

Minecraft is a sandbox construction game, which means that there is no goal in the game - you just build on. When you first start the game, you are put on a terrain similar to this:


On the surface it has trees, dirt, some rock, sand, water, etc. All the stuff you would find naturally in the wilderness. It doesn't look like much to build with. You have nothing (unlike me with my inventory full in this picture) to start with and have to survive zombie attacks at night by building a shelter.
You might start something like this: Cut down tree. Make wooden pickaxe. Dig down for rock. Harvest rock. Build stone house. But as you continue your house and get bored, you might end up doing this: find reed. Make reed farm. Harvest reed. Turn into paper. Add wood and make a bookshelf. Put bookshelf as decoration. Funnest game ever.

When I get bored, I make this: A huge sign that says my screen name.


This is a part of my house that I'm still working on.

I have a farm that grows cactus, trees, and reed.


Interesting combination of water and lava.


This is underneath the pretty landscape of grass and flowers. Dark caves and lava.


This is my entire house from a distance.


This is a truly addicting game. I play on the online multiplayer mode so everyone can see my masterpiece. It's more fun that way. Warning: Original people will hate this game. Be creative, and have fun! The cost is currently about $13 or so.

- The (addicted) Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment