Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving in Iowa Part 1

Happy Turkey Day!

Well, like many people here in the U.S., the first thing we did today was finish packing our stuff leave town, and in our case, go to Iowa. I spent the entire trip listing to music. As we always do when we drive to Iowa, we stopped by the Iowa 80, a.k.a. the world's largest truckstop! We hung around for about an hour and took some pictures.

Here I am with Katelyn's snake, Cornella, admiring the area.


Katelyn's a truck driver!


If you click on this picture and zoom in, you can see that the shirt that she is wearing is an Iowa 80 shirt!


Katelyn has found her happy place!


Well, it was fun to stop by, but we still had to get to Nana B and Nana C's house to see our cousins, Bre and McKinley and our Aunts, Jen and Dawn! The funny thing was, they live about 15 minutes away. We live about four hours away. Guess who got there first. (Hint, hint: There is irony involved here!)

We ate turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pumpkin pie, peach jell-O, green jell-o, cucumbers, celery, carrots, rolls, stuffing, and a bunch of other stuff. Afterward, I killed Bre and Katelyn at Ping Pong and so they locked us in a closet. Subtle. We also played hide and seek and McKinley and I almost caught frostbite because they decided to go inside. I might perform a little for everyone tonight on my saxophone!

On the serious note, I just want to attempt everything that I am thankful for. I am certain I will miss many things, but here goes:

I am thankful for my cousins, Bryan, Michael, Julie, McKinley, and Bre. I am thankful for my parents and sister, Katelyn. I am thankful for my grandparents, Grandpa, Jakcie, Grandma, Grandad, Grandma Paula, Nana B, and Nana C. I am thankful for my Aunt Jen, Aunt Dawn, Uncle Dave, and Aunt Billie Jo. I am thankful for my dog, Toby, my sister's hamster, Winter, and every other family pet.
I am thankful for the technology I have, my computer, iPods, iPad, video games, and video cameras. I am thankful for the house above me and the food I receive every day. I am thankful for my education and many friends that I have. I am thankful for my protection and love.
And I am thankful for cheese. Definitely cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment